How to Move House Without the Hassle
Moving house can be very daunting especially if you haven’t moved for years! Whether you are a single person, couple or family there are many things that need organising and planning. You have spent many months arranging a mortgage and finding that perfect property and dealing with all the paperwork and now you have the challenge or organising he relocation of all the contents of your old property to your new property.
F Smith and Son Removals have written this guide with some helpful tips and essentials needed before, during and after your move
10 easy tips to remember
1. Make a plan ahead of time. Before you even start packing, create a plan. Decide when you want to move, how you’ll move your belongings, and where you’ll store items that won’t fit in your new place.
2. Sort out your belongings. Go through each room and decide what to keep, sell, donate, or throw away. This will help you save time and money when packing and unpacking.
3. Pack a “first night box”. Pack a box with essentials you’ll need right away when you get to your new place, like toiletries, a change of clothes, and a few snacks. 4. Get organised. Label boxes with what’s inside, the room they go in, and a priority level. This will help make unpacking much easier.
5. Hire local movers or rent a van. Professional movers can save you time and energy, but if you want to save money, renting a truck and getting help from friends and family can be a great option.
6. Get your mail forwarded. Contact the post office to have your mail forwarded to your new address.
7. Change your address. Update your new address with banks, employers, utility companies, and other important contacts. 8. Pack an “open first” box. Pack a box with items you’ll need right away, like tools, chargers, and cleaning supplies.
9. Clean your old place. Make sure you clean thoroughly before you leave. This will help you get your deposit back.
10. Unpack and settle in. Once you’ve moved in, unpack your boxes and get settled in your new place. Enjoy your new home!
It is essential to pack a “First Night Box’
Preparing your moving day “First Night Box” will give you peace of mind .Having a kit ready to go provides one less thing to worry about. Having a kit already assembled means that you don’t have to worry about gathering the items when you are in the middle of the move. Having the basic necessities in one place ensures that you will be able to get through the first few days in your new home without having to scramble for items. Having a flashlight, a first aid kit, and a portable charger can be a lifesaver.
List of items you may require in your ‘First Night Box’
1. Change of clothes (for the day and for an overnight stay)
2. Toiletries 3. Snacks and drinks
5. Important documents (including contracts and insurance details)
8. Mobile phone charger
11. First aid kit
12. Cleaning supplies
13. Paper towels
16. Bin bags
19. Important papers such as birth certificates and passports 20. Documents related to the move, such as a packing list, inventories, and receipts
20. That all important ‘Kettle’ for the workers including tea, coffee, sugar & milk
If you are looking for help moving house then look no further than F Smith and Son Removals in Croydon, Greater London. F Smith & Son is a long-established and highly recommended removals company, with many satisfied customers. F. Smith & Son are proud to be a member of the BAR and hold the BSEN 12522 quality standard, ensuring high standards are maintained at every stage of your removal. Get A Free moving quote now.